Perception is Reality


I had a choice, well, three choices. And I chose none of them.

One of them could have been percieved as spiteful, and if I'm being completely honest, my motives were not completely pure if I chose door number three. So, I chose none of the doors and went with love. I was who I am, whether people will judge me or not.
All I kept thinking about was the verse I read yesterday about what I wanted to smell like.
Ever walk by someone who you think their perfume is HORRIBLE, but they think it's great? I thought about that yesterday. I thought about how in one way that 3rd choice could be percieved as fine, but how someone could think it was stinky. Perception is reality. And if I said "door number three please" there was a good chance that it was going to cause me trouble in the end, and my heart a lot of pain, and so... I chose to be who I am, or rather who I would always like to be, I'll choose love.
And then in this mornings reading, I got confirmation that I did the right thing, that I made the right choice. I've learned one thing in my life, and I am continually learning it... if at any point you feel the need to justify your actions (to yourself), you probably are making the wrong choice.
There is a song that goes "they will know we are Christians by our love". By our love, not by our justification, by our love. If our motives are truly pure, they will shine for all to see, we will be that city on a hill that shines and shines, so boldly that it can't help but be seen by all.
And the craziest thing I just thought of, as I left yesterday someone said to me "that perfume smells great"
2 Cor 3:1-3 Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? 2You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. 3You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
God just continues to blow me away!!

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
I think I agree that if you need to justify yourself you are probably making the wrong choice. Good thought.