Speak Life!!

Our Pastor challenged us to a week of only speaking life! That's not that easy, I dare you, try it.

Then it got me to thinking, I've only opened my bible 2 times since we got back from the Mission Trip, and I never opened it that whole week. While everyone had their quiet time with God or did their devotionals, I took advantage of that time to get a much needed shower or clean up or get ready for the next event.

If you want to speak life out, you need to refresh yourself with His word.

In John 1 it says 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

WOW! Do you get it? His Word is life! We are the hope of the world! Because we are in Him, and He is in us! His Word is LIFE!!!! It is a life of joy and peace and LOVE!!

And when we love, we are most like Him. Unconditional love!

The verse in The Desert Song says:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be empited again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

This is my prayer in the harvest... aren't we always in harvest, aren't our blessings amazingly flowing, all we have to do is count them. I know I'm filled to be emptied again. When we're filled up with God's love, we can pour it out into so many! It's like a never ending water supply. When you're thirsty, you drink, and you have enough water to always share!

John 4:13-14 Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Comments