First day of school!

My baby is in 11th grade! WOW!!

I can’t believe it, just like every other parent or care giver, “it seems like just yesterday…”

I can honestly say that I REALLY do love my teenager. I think she’s amazing, and if you had her for a daughter, you’d love her too! HA!

I was thinking about how different our lives as teens were and how similar they are. I hated high school in Lincoln Park (I loved it at Fordson). She really doesn’t like high school either, she’s got quite a few friends but the whole high school thing does not thrill her to say the least.

I hope for her and so many other of “my kids” that this year they really do blow the doors off with Jesus. It is my hope that our Youth Group and every other Youth Group in the Downriver area is packed full, so full that there is no choice but to sit on the floor. Jesus is already in the schools, but I pray that His presence is known.

I pray for the students to be brave about their love. I pray that they learn to stand by each other, to celebrate each other, that His light is so bright that they get a Son-burn! LOL!!

The harvest is plentiful! So many lives to be saved, so many hearts that are broken to be healed! I pray that these students are kept safe but dangerous. That they love so big, that its seen in every small detail of their lives. That they are brave when they are scared.

I pray that as a leader, my ears and my heart are always open. That the love that He’s given me is poured out into the students, I pray this for every leader. I pray that the Holy Spirit guides us as we leave.

And above all else… we always love. If we do that, God will handle the rest

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins

Go here for Sara's first day of school prayer!

Comments