Get to steppin'


UGH!!!

I knew deep down that I shouldn't go to the Uncle Kracker concert this Wednesday. I committed to purchasing the tickets and I will still purchase them if needed. But I'm not going.

Why?

Because in service today Jeremy quoted some Jewish Rabbi saying that God shouldn't just be first, but He should also be center.

Will go seeing Uncle Kracker send me to the pits of hell? Probably not. But there is training for core group leaders Wednesday and I believe that living a life for God means I serve. And I will be serving as a Core Group Leader this year, and so I should go to the training. It will make me a better core group leader in preparation for this coming year.

So I told Phyllis I shouldn't go and I told Mike I shouldn't go, just so I can be accountable. I don't want to look at either one of them in shame knowing I did something I know I shouldn't have done. Accountability.

Does my walk match my talk? (pictured my feet)

Deut 6:7 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Comments

Constance said…
We did this song during Worship yesterday (I love this song!) and we also did Hillsong's (Brooke Frasier's) "Soon" which I absolutely love as well!

You gotta do in your heart what you know is right for YOU!
Connie
Deb said…
Core Group Training!! :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
Let's try this again ... I was confused even reading my reply :)

I was saying that I really like the comment that you made about the difference between putting Him first, and being centered in Him. Some may argue that it's just a semantic difference but I don't think it is, I see a very real difference as well.

You took something that would have been perhaps "fun" for the moment, but not something that will store up treasures for you in Heaven like something mission oriented as you opted to stick with instead. And I love how you made yourself accountable too.

Perhaps a Christ 1st mentality would have been to go have fun at the concert, but pray and try and reflect His light while there. Whereas being centered makes you think where you should be in the first place.

Anyway, I just really like that perspective ... thanks for sharing!