I don’t know why I’m surprised.

The last week has been an amazing transformation in my attitude. How about that? I start everyday off in the Word. Even if it’s 10 minutes.

This morning I was hurt about something, and it really wasn’t a big deal but hurt none the less. I was standing in the kitchen and I said “God, I really need You to speak to me”.

And then I went outside, yes, it was a little chilly, and after I started reading and I almost fell out of my chair. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. So I did both. I laughed because I didn’t know why I was surprised and I cried as I let go of the hurt. I cried as I thought about this day that God had planned all along, about how He comforted me with His great Word. I cried because I so don’t deserve any of His grace.

I think about how God worked so much in my about the fruit of the spirit and keeping it on my tree. I think about how sometimes the fruit rots on the tree and falls, and how I hate picking it up, but how thankful I am that He allows me to. I think about how sometimes I can hear the fruit falling before it hits the ground and I can catch it because His Word resonates my being.

My days are so much calmer now. My heart feels so full of life. I feel so much more relaxed. I breathe so much easier. It’s not easy. But it’s easier.

Phil 3:12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

Comments

Trish said…
Sooo glad to read this!