It's a crazy life...

Last night I came home, going to make dinner, wrestled with it the way home, I kept thinking “stop at Panera, it will be easier”. That’s the story of our lives, on a day when I’m home from some kind of ministry, I don’t always feel like cooking.

After working a long day, trekking through traffic, tired, and hungry… I’ve got to find the energy to make dinner? Ugh. But a good dinner is nice, and it’s nice to throw the leftovers in a container for lunch the next day. And it’s cheaper than eating out.

When we eat out, we sit and relax and detox from the day, we laugh, it’s what I would call “quality time”. And this week is a crazy and next week is not much better… so I think Sunday between church and Alive, we’re going to have lunch and maybe a movie or something… I’ll make a slow cooker lasagna for the Alive Staff’s dinner so it will be easier for me.

And while I’m thinking of it… we don’t even have the dining room table set up so that even if we did want to eat there, we couldn’t. I actually have been thinking about that for some time now…

Song of Solomon 6:9 but my dove, my perfect one, is unique, the only daughter of her mother, the favorite of the one who bore her. The maidens saw her and called her blessed; the queens and concubines praised her.

Comments

KayMac said…
The hardest part of my day is trying to come up with the energy to make dinner after a long day of work!
Constance said…
I think that we, the Scarf/Apron Sisters should submit our favorite slow cooker recipes so that when we are pressed for time or energy, we don't have to feel guilty!
Connie