John 17:21 & John 21:17

Yesterday was SYATP (See you at the pole) a global gathering of STUDENT lead prayer around flagpoles!

I remember when it first started! It was small now it’s crazy good big!

After the day’s event the churches downriver unite for 1721 Worship based on John 17:20-21
20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

I’ve been going to these things since they began. And they keep getting bigger and bigger! I’ve served by serving pizza and lemonade, my current job is to run words, and videos if needed.

I used to think that doing words was kind of a lame gift, what talent does it take to point and click. But really, my eyes have been opened to how important it is… especially if you’re new or it’s a new song.

I learned how to run words on Powerpoint, but once I moved to song show plus, it was great and now when I have to go back to Powerpoint, I don’t really like it, it’s more work for perfection. Last night was crazy, they had this gizmo to blank out the screen and I thought the guy was going to be there to do that for me… good thing I paid attention to what he was doing because he left and I didn’t see him for the rest of the evening.

I love doing words, but that also takes me away from the students. I didn’t get the view of probably close to 1000 students gathering to worship Jesus. But I know I played the part that I was supposed to (including showing up with a couple pizzas for the band John 21:17 The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.)

I’m so blessed to serve with those I serve with, I’m so blessed by the talents that God has given me, I’m so blessed that He chooses to use me, because I certainly don’t deserve to serve such a glorious God.

Rev 22:3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.

Comments

I missed the event! (Truthfully I didn't even know/hear about it) I don't know why as I think I would have heard via one channel or the other, but I missed it *sigh*

So when you say do words, do you mean sequence them / align them with the songs on the screen? If so, it most certainly is a wonderful service, as it really takes the moment out of when you're worshiping not being able to sing along cuz the words aren't there (or behind) ... so for all of us, thank you! :)
Jada's Gigi said…
It is a privileged to serve His people wherever they are. You are so necessary to the Body of Christ