Just love



I’ll tell you a funny story. I knew nothing about the movie Rent except this song. So some Friday night I decided to buy the movie, bring it home, pop it in and make dinner. Imagine my surprise when I walked in the room and saw the movie and no one was watching it, THANK GOD! Holy cats! And dogs! LOL!

I love this song. I think it probably one of the greatest songs ever. How do you measure your life? By days, by years, or by how many times you loved someone?

I can’t help but think about death! I’ve kind of always been afraid of losing people. I lost my mom so young, lived my life worried about what would happen to me if my dad died. I hate abandonment. I suffer from it, if that’s possible.

And besides, I’ve learned of 4 people in the last 8 days that have died. Death is inevitable. So until I die, I plan on loving.

Eph 5:1-2 1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God

Whether my love comes in the form of a hug/kiss, a birthday cake, dinner, lunch, just listening. How many opportunities do we have to love, but we pass it up. We say we just don’t have time.

I think about the beautiful young woman who died who went to my daughter’s school. I think about how those beautiful children rallied around each other to love each other. May they never forget how they needed each other. May they never forget that in the end, all that matters is how you loved. There is an email about how when you die, there is your birthday, your end day and the dash, and even though the dash is the little part, it is the most important past. Please make note, I want a heart, not a dash.

Some people say I’m great at loving, and I am sure some would tell you that I am the meanest person they ever met, I gotta work on that second part. I went to a funeral on Tuesday and they talked about how much Frank loved. Wow! Not too much else was said about him but because he loved, people in his life knew they were special, that they mattered.

We have this crazy ‘campaign’ at my church, a bunch of crazy signs, and if you go to the website, it says “He loves you. You matter to Him. You really do.” You see, in the end, at the very heart of these crazy signs, is love. His love. And because you matter to Him, you matter to us (as a church body), and you matter to me.

It really all does just come down to love.

John 3:16-17 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[b] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Seasons of Love - From the movie Rent
525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure,
measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee. In
inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In 525,600 minutes - how do you
measure a year in the life?

How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love. Seasons of
love.

525,600 minutes! 525,000 journeys to plan. 525,600 minutes - how can you measure
the life of a woman or man?

In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried. In bridges he burned, or
the way that she died.

It’s time now to sing out, tho the story never ends let's celebrate remember a year in the life of friends. Remember
the love! Remember the love! Remember
the love! Measure in love. Seasons of love! Seasons of love

Comments