No regrets!

When I moved into my house, it instantly filled like home. It felt like I had always meant to live there. I took good care of it, my lawn went from a weed patch to lush, and then soon after that, it went back to a weed patch.

My house was pretty neat for the most part, and then… clutter.

Why? Because I was never home. I filled my life with lots of ‘stuff’. Mostly good stuff, but I neglected my home, and really neglected myself.

Yesterday I came home from work, made a quick, but delicious dinner. We ate, Phyllis cleaned the bathroom and got on our new treadmill, I went outside and weeded the area by the driveway and the house, for an hour. Sweaty and all. It felt so good to get outside and enjoy the earth. Then I came inside and got on the treadmill, a quick bath and we watched a movie, A family that preys together, a Tyler Perry film. Then off to bed.

How I enjoyed being home. I’ve been falling back into love with my home. And falling back into love with me. I think somehow in the last couple years, I’ve forgotten who I am at my core. I think that I’ve allowed myself to do things that I enjoy, too much. Scaling back.

In the last week or so I’ve gone (in some parts of my life) from restless to rested.

And you know what started it? Getting a treadmill and wanting to make time to get on it! I loved running, I loved working out, I loved that completely gross sweaty feeling after a good run, my heart pumping blood through my veins so strongly that I could feel it.

I’ve loved rediscovering myself, looking back on the last two years with no regrets because that’s how I got here. I’m nowhere near the end of my journey but as I stop at this stop and look back, I say “thank You Jesus, You’ve been with me at every step, teaching me and stretching me, and pumping through my heart so strong that I could feel it”.

No regrets, just love.

2 Cor 7:10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.



He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

And we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If his grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…


He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
You have amazing energy, Margie. God is revealing a side of 'balance' to keep you grounded.