pride


It’s funny how you look at certain things.

I never thought I had an issue with pride. Turns out I have quite an issue with it.

I laughed so hard when someone pointed it out to me (thank you), I mean I laughed, like how could I be so stupid?.

I dno’t know why but I’ve always liked proverb 16:18

18 First pride, then the crash— the bigger the ego, the harder the fall. (message)

18 Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall. (NLT)


I never thought much about the fact that I hate being second best as an issue with pride, but man, oh man that is a huge pride issue. Like I really deserve to be first? Who says? Me? I don’t deserve it, and I don’t deserve favor, but I’m thankful for it.

And now I’m thinking about it.

Oh to be more like Jesus. That He came and served. He washed others feet (gross!). to not look higher upon myself than I ought.

New lesson, yikes, I think I better buckle up, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

Romans 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

Comments