Proverbs 31 woman


I’m blown away right now.

Amazed at how God is working in me so much on so many levels, I can’t wait to see how they all come together! I think (I KNOW) it’s going to be better than I imagined, and I know that God doesn’t laugh AT us, but I can imagine He’ll be chuckling at me, saying “didn’t I tell you to trust Me?”

Someone called me a Proverbs 31 woman! Ok, I’ll tell you that when I used to think of that, I thought of a “little house on the prairie”. I’m no ‘Ma Ingels’. And didn’t really understand all of it, but I’ve been reading it, I even printed it off in the NIV and the Message version, it will be posted at my house, so I can read it. I laugh though, because I can barely sew a button on. Thank God Phyllis can sew. LOL.

And I’m so not there. But, here’s the crazy thing, I WANT TO BE!!

The verse that has speaking to me, even before I read it.

26 She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. (NIV)

When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say, and she always says it kindly. (message)

26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness. (NKJV)

The versions are all a little different, and they all say the same thing… SPEAK LIFE!! (nowhere does it say cuss like a sailor).

I think about just a month ago, what a mess, and how I made the decision to seek God. To read His Word, to seek His will.

And last night… blew me away! There is nothing better than seeking Him.

Jer 29:11-15 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
"Her children arise and call her blessed;
her (future) husband also, and he(will) praise(s) her ..."

Proverbs 31

You and Proverbs 31 are a good fit :)

Nice compliment!
Jada's Gigi said…
I agree, you and Proverbs 31 are a good fit. You are super loved by Him!