Signs Signs Everywhere there's signs

Let’s take down the signs.

Our church decided to launch this campaign “satan hates metro”.

Let me tell you, in all honesty, I’m ready to take down the signs.

You see, I already knew that satan didn’t like me. I also know that he’s a defeated foe. But I also know that when he really decides to launch warfare upon you, it’s difficult to take. He uses the things from your past, the concerns of the future, and your own feelings of failure to fight you. You become your own worst enemy. I don’t know very many people who aren’t feeling the affects of his warfare.

Yesterday I was in quite a battle myself, it started out as I walked in the door and didn’t stop until I sat with a fellow sister in Lord.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble Psalm 46:1.

I was going to go to meeting last night to get some Christian help for a ton of stuff that I’ve been fighting. Trying to get some healing from some things. It wasn’t easy for me to decide to go to the meeting, and then I got nervous walked up the stairs, took one look in and turned around. And then it really started, I almost feel bruised inside. A huge battle.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7 NKJV

Knowing that God did not create me with a spirit of fear but one of power, of love, and sound mind. I know not to fear. I have spoken on such subjects with many and with few. Fear. It’s a crippling emotion. I drove around in my car crying, ok, balling my eyes out fighting over whether I should still go in, but not wanting all these people congregating around me asking me what’s wrong, I decided against it. I know that people were praying for me, I know God was giving satan a one-two punch on my behalf.

I was wrestling with a feeling of being afraid, and knowing I’m not supposed to be afraid, why don’t I trust God, and on and on it went, a giant tornado, all on my insides. I know that only God calmed the storms that were brewing inside me. I know that prayers were going up on my behalf, that when I couldn’t stand on my own, I was being held up in prayer and by God.

Isaiah 40:29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak

I will tell you that a got a much needed phone call from a new friend who invited me over, and somehow the battle seemed much easier, we talked, we laughed, and we told satan that he is a booger and needs to leave us alone, we’ve had enough.

I can tell you, I’m not completely healed, and I’m tired, but I know that my strength comes from the Lord. I know that in Him, I am strong, and when I stand in His light, in His shadow, in His strength, in His grace, in His mercy, with His children, and in His love, I can do all things. I can find healing in my brokenness, I can find comfort in my lonliness. He is all things. And I love Him, and I am loved.

But I'm still ready to take down the signs.

Col 1:10-12 10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[a] to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.

Comments

Trish said…
I love your honesty Margie...God has His big arms around you!
`hugs`
aunt pat