Starting the day off right!


So today I got up when my alarm went off (which rarely happens), I only hit the snooze once which is only 5 minutes, I got up got in the tub (I always bathe, not shower), put some sweats on, hit the porch light and sat on the porch and read.

To be honest, that’s not something I normally do, I normally read either during the day or at night, but not in morning. But you know… I’m reading that Proverbs 31, and it says that in verse 15 She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. And maybe that means actual food, but maybe it goes further than that, as a parent, I want to feed my daughter the “good stuff”, love, grace, joy… and so beginning my day in The Word, I believe that will happen. There was no crabby anybody this morning.

Apparently timing is what God is trying to teach me, and timing within His perfect will.

And then off to the rest of my day.

Because I sat out there, it didn’t take me as long to dry my hair, it was damp but not wet like usual. I am also having a good hair day because I had time to run the straightener through it. One of my favorite breakfasts… Ezekial toast, butter, and cream cheese… YUM! Traffic was good.

Or really maybe it was just me… Maybe I started my day off right, and so everything was lit in Sonshine. Not really sure, but I think I’ll try it out again tomorrow.

Amos 5:6 So seek God and live! You don't want to end up with nothing to show for your life But a pile of ashes, a house burned to the ground. For God will send just such a fire, and the firefighters will show up too late (msg)

Comments

Constance said…
Funny how time with God changes everything!
Connie
Amen to that, Amen! May He continue to lead you to His pastures daily, and reflect that love onto your home, family, and friends.

I've wanted to get in a better routine in the morning as well ... this just gives me all that much more encouragement! Thanks for sharing.