Taco Rice

2-3 Cups of Cooked Rice (depends on how ‘ricie’ you want it)
1 pound ground turkey (or beef)
1 package of taco seasoning
1 small zucchini
1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes (I used 3 yummy fresh ones)
1 small onion
2 cups shredded cheese (I used 1 cup Monterrey jack/1 cup cheddar)

Preheat oven 350*
Brown turkey, drain, add taco seasoning and pkg direction for water. Add onions, cook all together for about 10 minutes.
Mix together meat mixture, rice, tomatoes, zucchini, and half cheese. Pour into casserole dish.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.

I like this recipe because it’s adaptable. Double it to make for large group, add or delete depending on what’s in your fridge.

Comments

That sounds so yummy!! I am glad to have the recipe. Thanks for linking up to TMTT.
We love tex mex! I hope you'll stop by my recipe exchange and share:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/09/friday-feasts-summer-squash.html
Netta said…
mmm, I may try this tonight for the kids!
Thanks