Centered

God makes me smile.

Yeah, I know, He probably makes you smile too. It’s funny that in most of the times of my life that have had turmoil, I feel far from God. Reminds me of that church sign that says “if you’re far from God, who moved?” Meaning it’s not God, it’s you. A lot of times I cause my own turmoil, and when things are calm I slowly drift, read the bible less, listen to ‘regular’ music, don’t read or socialize with my “Christian friends”, and then it gets all tramatic again. But lately it seems that I have some turmoil, but it doesn’t feel like God is far away or that I’m reading less or focusing on Him less, and it surely doesn’t seem hopeless.

It makes me laugh when you ask someone how they are and they say “GREAT! God is good”.

Duh. God is good, but do you recognize the greatness of God when things aren’t going your way?

God is always good.

Life is better, it is good, truly good, when God is the center. It keeps us centered, it’s good but not easy, it means that we shed our junk to be more like Him.

In all things.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Comments