You're killing me smalls...

That's one of my favorite lines from a movie... (sandlot)

I was reading Acts 9 today. It's the one about Saul==>Paul. About how he kills Christians and Jesus comes down and WHAM! He is converted, not quite like that, but you get the picture (if not go read Acts 9)...

So I'm thinking how much we are like Saul/Paul. How we live this life of destruction and we hurt all those in our path and then Jesus comes into our lives and we try to tell people about Him, we try to live our lives for Him and people say "wasn't she the one who ______". And we just have to keep living and loving until they see the change in us, and it's not us, it's Jesus.

But what about the people we "kill". We talk about Jesus but our actions don't match, and that leads them to the whole "hypocrisy" thing and that keeps them further from Life, real Life. I know in my own life I probably do that more than I'd like to admit or even sometimes more than I even know.

That scares me. To think the people in my life that I love might not see Christ through me, not because I want it to be about me, but that I want what I do to point to Christ. To life, to love, to grace.

To be more like Him.

Comments