Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Monday, November 23, 2009

Change your way of thinking and you'll change your life!

My mind is a dark and scary place. But would you like to know where my ‘head’ is at?

I am only 2 pounds less than my lightest weight this year.

I am 10 pounds more than I weighed close to about 2 years ago.

That really doesn’t sound all that great does it…

BUT!!!

But somehow I feel so good! It’s not just about the losing weight, however, that is quite a bonus! Its about no more garbage in/garbage out. It’s about reducing my chances of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and fillintheblank disease Deut 5:17.

Its about being confident in my choices for me, and my family.

Its about knowing that I am a conqueror Romans 8:37! That food is a necessity but being fat is not. Its about leaning on the Lord, about finding comfort in Him, about finding out who I am, and what I really like. (Did you know I really don’t know if I like a lot of things because I’ve been too afraid to try). It’s about setting goals and surpassing them! It’s about making hard choices (like the fact that I am bringing healthy food with me to Thanksgiving, and truly hoping I won’t offend anyone).

It’s about slowing down and shutting up Psalm 46:10

It’s about knowing that I may have tried this a million times, but this time I not only say I am going to succeed, but that I will because I BELIEVE IN ME! (and when I forget that I believe in me, I always BELIEVE GOD John 6:69! And He says I am wonderfully made – and so much more! Psalm 139:14)

It means that I do believe that in Christ, I am a new creation 2 Cor 5:17, and all those times I’ve failed, they are cast on the ocean floor, and some gross sea-urchin can eat them J

So that’s where I am, overweight but confident that I am an overcomer, that I am who God says I am!

No comments: