lesson for today

There are not many things that I can call my own. I own my car, but really, it was bought with money that God blessed me with. I have my home, but really, I don't because the mortgage company owns it, they are just lending me the money. I have this blog, it's about me... oh wait, this blog isn't really about me, it's about God's story and my very insignificant role in His story.

I've had quite a few troubling weeks, I'm like a glacier, 90% of my issues are below the surface.

But thankfully God continues to work in me. He's been teaching me some hard lessons, but here's the great thing, He didn't send me to the classroom unprepared. He had already been working in me, I don't know if God grades on a curve, or pass/fail, I just know this, I am glad in all my mess, He never stops loving me. Even when I really mess up. Unmerited, truly undeserved favor. That's grace.

I had a rough couple hours today, I was truly ready to shut everyone out, it hurts too much, nothing is worth this. But God is faithful, He put people in my life to stop me from being emotionally driven but being purposefully driven (my purpose = love) and so I pushed through, praying, begging, for His presence and His peace. And He is faithful. And in the end, I was listening to my daughter sing... and they sang two of my favorites, yes, I was crying (big surprise) Carol of the Bells, and Joy to the World (two different arrangements) and all I could think was how much You love me that You would have these angels sing to me.

Lesson for today: Keep your fruit, it's glued on by grace.

Gal 5:22-23 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law

Comments