Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, November 04, 2009

What are we doing???

Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork. ~English Proverb

I cannot believe how many people struggle with Halloween candy. I can believe it, but I don't want to. And let me tell you, I'm not perfect... but I'm learning what makes me succeed and what makes me fail. I do not want to put up my own roadblocks.

You know how I keep away from such cravings?

First, I say no. I could say I start and stop at one piece but I will tell you, once off the wagon, the sugar cravings just keep going and going like the energizer bunny.

Second, I buy candy I don't like. I get a limited amount of points and I intend not to waste them on things I don't like. And even if I bought my favorite... nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

When Phyllis was younger she got 10 pieces, the rest was donated to a soup kitchen. If it's out of the house, neither of us are tempted.

I'm learning that the better I eat, the better I feel and why would I want to change that?

Today's scripture: Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5 NLT

No comments: