Hurting People Hurt People

I live by this saying. I believe this to be true with all my heart.

When someone is mean to me, I believe they are hurting and it's just hard to hold in the emotion of hurt. At least it is for me, hurt unleashes its ugly head in a lot of ways.

For me its word vomit. Projectile word vomit. I hold it in until I feel like I can't hold it in anymore and then BBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

And when someone hurts me, I can forgive them (once I give it up) but when I hurt someone, I have a really hard time forgiving myself.

Its been 2 months of just being hurt. I don't even want to list it out, but after talking to a friend yesterday, I thought "wow, I've had all this bottled in for so long".

Sunday I couldn't stop crying in the morning (but really I've been crying for months). I'd finally get it under control, someone would ask me how I was, and then... all over again. There are days when I think 'this is more than I can bare' and then something else comes along, and I just look to God and say "please help me".

None of this makes it ok to hurt someone, ever, that is the fastest way to leave the destination of love, but for me, I've got to figure out the 'why' so I don't become a repeating offender of being more like me and less like Him. I strive to be more like Him and less like me, and I'm working on doing that, day by day, minute by minute, heartbeat by heartbeat.

I want Him to work in me, so I learn from this, I want Him to heal my pain, I want Him to cover my mouth, I want Him to take the pain away, I want to be more like Him so I can help those who hurt too, and to mend the hearts of those I've hurt.

Isa 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed



If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours

(PRE-CHORUS)
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

(CHORUS)
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm

(CHORUS)
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

I am not my own
I've been carried by you all my life

(CHORUS)
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
(Repeat 2x)

(CHORUS 2)
You've become my hearts desire
I will sing Your praises higher
Cause Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free

Comments