She did what she could...

I'm getting filled up, I'm filling myself with tons of Jesus, and it's overflowing and filling up my heart, if you hate that I'm crazy writing... sorry...

I started reading this book called ‘She Did What She Could’ and I had given it to my Freshman Girls Life Group, I bought it for them because I want them to always so what they can, even if it’s small.

The first chapter talked about the woman who poured perfume on the feet of Jesus. It was all she had, and so many said “listen lady, are you nuts?? That’s expensive, don’t do that” and Jesus says “she’s giving all she had, leave her alone”.

And may I say it… I want to be that woman, I want to be that woman that gives all she has at the feet of Jesus.

And I sometimes feel like I always have this excuse that I have all these responsibilities. And I’m always going going going and sometimes I’m just at the end of the day, and I’m tired and I’m exhausted and I just don’t see clearly. And then I get hurt.

And so much I want to be able to say, if they hurt me “was that their intention?” and if my answer is “no” I want to be seeing clearly enough to say that I know them and I love them, and I want to just err on the side of grace and say “I know their heart and even though I’m hurt, I believe that wasn’t their intention”.

How many times has there been a misunderstanding and I am like “but I didn’t mean it like that…” and so I think I need to make sure that I just know that “they didn’t mean it like that…” and extend grace.

And if truly, I am going to do what I can, shouldn’t it start with grace? For myself and for others

Phil 2:1-4 1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
It is good to always start with Grace. Merry Christmas, Margie
Unknown said…
grace that's good! its great to receive and sometimes so hard to give out...

it was great having you at REAL church on Saturday night! Hope that your having a great week!