structure


I am not a Last-Minute-Lucy. Sure there are things that are done last minute but usually it’s because someone else waited til the last minute or that something popped up. Typically there’s a plan. I ask my daughter on Sunday ‘what’s the plan for the week?’ and I review with her what I have planned. Now, that being said, I usually already know but it’s a good review anyway.

That being said, I know that things come up. But my craziness of needing a plan comes from the need for structure because of not having a mom. When you live a life of always wondering if the bottom is going to fall out of your world (I worried that my dad would die too), you need structure. I also know that when my life has no structure, it’s chaos, and being responsible and chaos DO NOT mix.

Yesterday apparently the last minute demon was pissing off everyone in my house. I can’t stand last minute, get a plan people. Then someone called Phyllis and asked her to do something last minute. There wasn’t room for last minute yesterday, every minute already had a purpose. She told the person ‘sorry, you should have asked me yesterday’. That’s the way it goes, we don’t like to say no, but if you put us in that position, we will.

Yesterday, while the winds were blowing, so were our tops. Thankfully in our busy, we had 30 minutes to stop for dinner, and we laughed, belly laughs, I even prayed that God should keep everyone out of our paths that was going to make us mad, I probably should have prayed for tolerance, but it was easier for Him to steer everyone clear of us, really, He’s a Mighty God.

I cannot tell you how I know I’d never make it with God and in that, His gift to me, Phyllis. Nothing changes my mood like a good dose of Phyllis. My pean. My peanuthead. She is so much more than I deserve.

And thanks be to God who kept everyone annoying out of my path!! And a great time at life groups with my freshman girls, they are AWESOME!!! The day ended on such a good note!!

Picture Note: That's the Eiffel Tower structure, I liked it because if you really look, you can see the cross, and shouldn't everything be structured around that?

Proverbs 28:2 When the country is in chaos, everybody has a plan to fix it— But it takes a leader of real understanding to straighten things out. (msg)

Comments