a time and a place for everything


Sometimes, most times, Sundays are our busiest day. Church, cooking, preparing for the week, and then Alive (I get there between 4-4:30) which means that literally I spend about 4 hours at home - and i leave about 8:30.

Today, I'm staying home. I know - I'm a heathen :). I need to stay home. Christmas is coming and for the last few weeks I've been a huge Scrooge, I could barely even fake it til I make it. Well, I didn't fake it.

My house looks like it's typical Hurricane Busy. Until yesterday, I had all the Christmas containers in the living room. My basement has been a mess since... part of the problem, I just didn't have enough storage. I know have the coolest closest. Now, when i tell you its cool, I don't mean I have all matching storage containers or that I have tons of matching white vinyl coated shelves... When I say it's cool, I mean that it's completely practical and meets our needs. Its got peg board on the outside so that I can hang stuff on the inside and the outside... and it's made with 2 x 4s and plywood. It's sturdy, and spacious, and PERFECT!!! I have a place to store all my extra dishes, my luggage, all the extra bedding I have for sleepovers and cold nights. I can hang up the dust pan and broom (seriously - I can find it now!!) I'll post pictures of the sweetest closet ever (and it only was $150 for the whole thing instead of $250 just for the shelves that would not have completely worked anyway).

Having everything unorganized makes me crazy, when I know I have something but I can't find it... or it's a mess, I feel like a mess and sometimes even a failure because everything should have a place, and everything should be there. I'm cleaning things out, and laughing because I wonder why I saved things.

Ecc 3:1-8
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Comments