working on me!


I got this book called “I’m glad I'm a mom” by Jill Savage, it’s kind of a Chicken Soup of the Soul for mom’s kind of book. Quick little snippets about funny stories that only seem funny AFTER you’ve gone through them and some that are just plain inspirational. There were some really funny stories (I read about 5 of them) and some life lessons that I was glad to have my eyes open to… (once I'm done with it, I'm going to pass it on to a mom who can pass it on to another mom hoping that each mom will write a funny story in it to pass along some encouragement to others)

One being that I have known that I needed a mentor. I am a mentor but I’ve known that I needed one for quite some time… the funny thing is that there have been people I would have considered but then our schedules never seemed to match. I stepped into a ‘mentor’ position for a beautiful young woman but again, not having any preconceived notions about it, just kind of did the best I could. So this morning my eyes were opened and my heart was revealed to someone that I think God completely had in mind. So I asked… and we will see… I know that if she says yes it’s because she feels lead and if she says no that she was lead that way too.

In this book there was one story about how we have to take care of ourselves, mind, body, and spirit. I feel like I am working on the body part of me, but I know that nothing will mess me up more than if my spirit isn’t taken care of. I won’t feel like preparing the food, that I’ll feel like crap so I will use food to make me feel better (which it only does for a minute or two and then I feel worse).

So I’m working on me, small steps, hoping not to trip myself up with disappointment, remembering that even if I have a small setback, it’s a lesson that needs to be learned until I’ve mastered it, so that I can move on to the next lesson, one step closer to Him.

1 Cor 6:19-20 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Comments