Choices

The most spiritual activity you will engage in today is making choices ~ Erwin Mcmanus

It’s January 7th, it already seems like a long year! I am choosing to swim in the Lord. I am CHOOSING to let His grace surround me like an ocean. I am choosing to let others swim with me.

One of my resolutions… live love

Yikes, that’s not easy. And it’s easy to say “well he/she made me mess up”. Nope each choice, each reaction, it’s ours to make

When we get to heaven, we will see paradise. But is it just me, is that hard to remember, somedays, impossible to remember? For me it’s so hard to stay focused on that. I WANT to, I WILL, become more like Christ everyday but things like hurt and frustration feel like they are playing tug of war with my heart. I sometimes feel bruised on the inside.

I am finding or I am learning (and obeying) that I need to rest. I need to snuggle into the arms of the Lord, to rest and regenerate, BEFORE I burn out.

Have you ever drained the battery in your car? If it weren’t for your alternator, every time you used your car, your battery would be dead. The first time you completely drain your battery (leaving lights on – alternators only work when you run your car) it doesn’t take much to recharge it, the more times you drain it, it takes longer to recharge, and then eventually you need a new battery.

Living love to me means that sometimes I will be drained by loving people who hurt me, who frustrate me, and if I don’t surround myself with people who recharge my battery, if I don’t read the bible, if I don’t rest (cars can’t go forever without rest either) I will be burned out. The longer I go without a recharge, the longer it takes to get back on track to loving.

Yesterday at about 5:30 I felt exhausted, I felt as though I could crawl into bed and sleep until next Wednesday, and while I know that’s not possible, I longed for my bed. Fortunatly for me, I got to have dinner with two of my girls, and so I pushed on, I am happy that I did, I was blessed. They did the BloodWater Mission poster, they have contributed $7 and their goal is $100! They want to have bake sales and take the poster to school to raise money! I love their enthusiasm!! I decided (after praying) that if they raise/contribute $100 by Feb 14th (Valentine’s Day – the day of love) that I will match it. I was looking for a match, and in the mirror I found it!

I’m trying to stay focused on the Lord, thank You Jesus for the mp3 player where podcasts and the bible fills my ears, brain, and most importantly heart!

Luke 6:45 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

Comments