Fill us up, send us out

There is some crazy-good stuff happening in the hearts of our students, and some I am watching drift, and it scares me, to my core. I will tell you that as long as you live in the world, and all its temptations, it is hard to remain close to God. At least it is for me. The day that I miss reading (or listening) to the Word, easily becomes 2 weeks of missing. Listening to too much music outside of that focused on praise, soon becomes my focus. And that's a dangerous line for me to walk.

I was listening to the Alive Band praising to the song 'God of Justice' and I was thinking about how God gives us all the tools to fill us up so we can go out and be world changers, however, we must do something too, we must read, listen, sing, encourage, make time, and love. There are gas stations all over the place, but if we don't stop to refill our tanks, soon we will run out of gas.

I was laughing because there were many times I had to be doing 4 things at once, and in the middle of all that, I had kids 'Margie, do you have a minute' meaning that they needed to pay for their retreat. I kept saying 'in a minute, I'll have a minute'. At times I just thought 'there is no way I can get all this done', and somehow each time that I stopped and prayed literally 'God guide my steps' one thing got accomplished at a time or someone offered to help, and I said 'yes, please' (that's a bigger accomplishment than you can probably imagine).

Its going to be a busy week, they always are when we are going somewhere. We've got to pack, I've got phone calls to make, things to arrange. For some of the it will be a fun week, but for me, if I am speaking honestly, it will be busy, for someone who really likes her time by herself, it's hard to be always surrounded by people, even those I love, so I have plans for cross country skiing by myself or a quiet walk in the woods and a God who listens and loves.

Thank You God for so many ways that You give us to fill us up. To keep us focused on You. I'm thankful for those in my life that whisper and shout encouragement, I am thankful for those who lift me up in prayer and thank You for the honor of doing that for others! I love You!!

Matthew 6:6 (msg) "Here's what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace.


God of Justice, Saviour to all
Came to rescue the weak and the poor
Chose to serve and not be served

Jesus, You have called us
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give

We must go live to feed the hungry
Stand beside the broken
We must go
Stepping forward keep us from just singing
Move us into action
We must go

To act justly everyday
Loving mercy in everyway
Walking humbly before You God

You have shown us, what You require
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give


Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out Lord
© 2007 Sparrow

Comments