I hate it when God says...

That I need to do everything in love. I was thinking about making some locker love. It’s these silly magnets I make and give to the kids for their lockers. It’s always God’s Word and God is the ultimate love… so you see. Yes, I am quite aware that I am a HUGE dork!

So today I was praying about what scripture I should put on it. Oh… 1 Cor 16:14 Do everything in love.

Really God? I know, I know but I don’t always like it, at first. But I’m cracking up because yesterday I was just like ‘what the heck?’ and I wanted to come out swinging, even though I hate conflict, I was ready for it, and I was ready to stir some conflict up, and I had come to resolution last night that I was giving this up, that it was taking my time away from God and my true focus, to live love. But this morning, I was like ‘what if I just spend a few minutes doing some more research?’ and then God says ‘do everything in love’. Ok, so going after that mess and digging in it, that’s really not love. And because I don’t go stir up some conflict, it doesn’t mean I’m a doormat, it just means I’m a child of God, and I follow Him.

I said that I don’t like ‘do everything in love’ at first. But really, there are really are no consequences when we do everything in love. It might seem a little hard at first to press on through the mess, but I think in so many ways doing everything in love is bigger than anything we say. I think that if we do everything in love, we show people how God has changed our lives, and our heart. It means we show the difference of hypocrite and a true lover of Christ.

Doing everything in love defeats any weapon that someone or satan has tried to form against us. It brings us closer as a body of Christ. To do everything in love means that we gain ground for the Glory of God instead of sliding back. It means that every step we’ve made closer to being like Jesus is a step that we don’t lose.

And so… I guess I don’t really hate it when God says ‘do everything in love’ it just means I’m getting a little closer to being more like Him and less like me. How can you find fault in that?

1 Cor 16:14 Do everything in love.

Comments