3 years!

Its been 3 years this month that I have been in Youth Ministry at MetroSouthChurch I've seen a lot of things come and I've seen God move like crazy. I feel like everyday is it's own mission trip, a mission of bringing kids to Jesus.

I can remember the first time I walked into Fuel, I wondered what the heck I was doing there, it was like nothing I had ever seen before. I wondered why Adam ever thought I'd be good at YM, it was crazy good, but crazy!

Then there was the transition of both ministries, Alive & Fuel. WOW!

I've seen kids come and go, I've seen them go crazy for God and then leave, and then come back, and I'm still praying for some that have left, I can't tell you how excited I am when they come back, a big "thank You Jesus" goes up on their behalf. And I'll tell you, I've seen more Youth Staff come and go than I can count, each one of them leaving breaks my heart too.

I can't tell you how much I love the kids, you'll never know unless you've been in Youth Ministry. And one thing about Youth Ministry, its brutal. It's not for the weak, if you're weak, you soon learn to lean on God, you have your heart expanded and broken in the same night, you're life is never the same.

I've seen God move like crazy, I mean crazy.

I never thought I would be in Youth Ministry when I came to Metro, I thought I'd be doing something with the 'grownups', I didn't think I was that effective in Youth Ministry, but God has given me some crazy gifts that I hope, in some ways, have brought glory to God in Youth Ministry. And if I am going to be honest about it, I've thought about quitting more times than I care to admit, and then God sends me one of those beautiful faces and I change my mind.

I've learned more about leading in Youth Ministry than anywhere else, and I've been able to take what I've already known...

I've learned how to lead because of our AMAZING youth pastor and his beautiful wife.

I've learned how to love bigger than I ever thought possible, because God has loved me bigger than I ever thought possible.

“He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”- Micah 6:8

Comments