Keep quiet

Today I was in Aldi's getting a few things. I had maybe ten things in my cart, I was next in line, this guy walks up and says 'this is all I got' which was one thing and walks right in front of me. Now truth be told, I probably would have said 'go ahead' but he walked in front of me. And I was MAD! I mumbled 'I can't believe you did that' so something to that affect, and truly, I was going to just go nuts on him, I just thought who does he think he is thinking his time was more important than mine? and blah blah blah, I only had like one bags worth of groceries, and suddenly, it came over me, the Holy Spirt, "shut up, he's had a rough day" and that I did.

Because really, who did I think I was thinking my time was more important than his? And really, if I was going to let him go anyway, who really cares.

I was just texting someone about how satan uses time to keep me away from God, and that time was no different, how could I show someone the love that was shown to me, if I can't even let someone walk in front of me in a grocery line.

And so again, I am reminded...

James 1:19-20 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

Comments

Constance said…
I see your point but I am way too carnal not to have totally gone off on him! I nearly alays offer to let someone go ahead of me in line if they have an item or two, especially if it isn't an express line but I don't handle people who just make assumptions! Maybe one day the HS will convict me of not having a gentle spirit. Until that day He has 1000 other things on my "improvement list" to work on and He knows He has His work cut out for Him when it comes to this stubborn soul!
Connie