Keeping this side of crazy...

Though I live a crazy life and sometimes by Thursday (or Tuesday!) our house is unkept, papers, laundry that needs to be put away, the first week of January is always hectic, we have birthdays and getting back into the swing of things.

We live a very busy life, but it is one we love.

Wednesday Phyllis made the musical!! It is a wonderful thing (although adding more to our life)! She just glows when she talks about it. Because of some things that happened, she was ALMOST discouraged, however, she pushed on and she made it. I am sometimes amazed at how my beautiful talented funny daughter can get discouraged, SHE’S AMAZING! And as I sometimes step back, I watch God do a mighty work in her, actually, He’s running rampant in our house. Grace, forgiveness, stemming from… love.

Even though I am busy, when I get the chance, I tend to hunker down, I tend to just stay home, clean, take care of the things I need to take care of. That means that I don’t do other things. I have a bible study tonight. And while I have been looking forward to discovering God’s Word with people that I not only love, I adore, part of me (a really big part) just wants to stay home. I just want to rest. Tomorrow is just this side of crazy… WW, nails, breakfast party for Phyllis, Phyllis to work, then to drama, then home… and that’s a long and busy day.

I have to keep just on this side of crazy. Otherwise, in my tiredness, hurt will overwhelm me, I’ll be so loud that I can’t hear God. And that’s just no ok with me. Its not ok for hurt to rule my life or my heart. It’s not ok that I don’t hear from God when I know He’s speaking to me. And so as I go on my crazy day at work, I will listen, and I will obey what God has in store for me, because He not only knows what’s best for me, He is what’s best for me.

Phil 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Trish said…
You are the busiest person that I know!