Migraines

Its been a long time since I've had two migraines in a week (give or take a couple days). Sometimes I get small ones from no caffeine, however, this isn't one of those. Caffeine does really help. Last weeks was a combination of no caffeine and way too much stress.

Today's has nothing to do with caffeine. It's all stress. And it's not good to wake up with one of those kind. And usually I can pinpoint the stress and I can deal with it, however, this time, I think I can pinpoint it, but I don't know if I can deal with it. I thought I was, but after yesterday, maybe not so much.

The real stress is that someone hurt me, and in almost every instance, they always say its my fault for hurting not their fault for hurting me. And so there in lies the problem. I can take responsibility for myself, I can say 'ok, maybe I am over-reacting to the hurt' however, I can't take responsibility for the hurter. And so I feel like nothing gets resolved. It doesn't help that in the center of this hurt, I keep remembering the letter that says 'I just don't like the person that stands in front of me' and every time hurt reoccurs, I just think 'they don't even like me, so they probably don't care that they hurt me'.

If I had the option, I would stay home and sleep for about 6 more hours (not exaggerating) but instead I will forge on, pray I don't throw up, and take two excedrins, and work with God to figure out how to resolve this.

Psalm 69:29 I am in pain and distress; may your salvation, O God, protect me.

Comments

Pat said…
You poor thing...I hope by the time you read this, the migraine has let up. More importantly that you know you are loved, and by sharing your hurt...maybe it hurts just a little less.
So sorry... I hope your pain eases soon.