Obedience

Today I was listening to the daily audio bible podcast, first I can’t tell you how thankful I am for this!! I listen to it while I am at work, typing away, it keeps me focused because I can’t hear all the background stuff that goes on AND the word of God is seeping into my brain.

I was listening today to the specifics of how to build Noah’s Ark. He didn’t at all leave anything to question. And that so spoke to my heart because the Holy Spirit came over me and just said ‘these aren’t just suggestions, so all the other things that He has breathed are not just suggestions either. Can you imagine if Noah would have said ‘I think I’ll leave this out or add my own spin to the blueprint’, it would have been disasterous… and so what makes me think that if I only chose to follow some of the direction of God that I would get a different result if I don’t follow EXACLTY what God says.

That means I can’t justify or chose what I want to follow, I must follow it all, even when it’s hard. Even when I don’t want want, it means I must.

Obedience.

a : an act or instance of obeying b : the quality or state of being obedient2 : a sphere of jurisdiction; especially : an ecclesiastical or sometimes secular dominion

Obey

1. To carry out or fulfill the command, order, or instruction of.
2. To carry out or comply with (a command, for example).


BIBLE

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

Obey – fulfill instruction

I need to be obedient! It means surrender! It means I need to set aside me.

Proverbs 19:20 Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise. (NIV)
Proverbs 19:20 Take good counsel and accept correction—
that's the way to live wisely and well. (msg)
Proverbs 19:20 Get all the advice and instruction you can,
so you will be wise the rest of your life. (NLT)
Proverbs 19:20 Listen to advice and accept instruction,
that you may gain wisdom in the future. (ESV

Comments