Overwhelmed

Sooo... to say I am overwhelmed by the greatness and grace of God, would be an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!

So this week after lesson one in our Freshman Life Group bible study, a student asked me why God let bad things happen. That's a hard question to answer and at the time, I wasn't sure of what context she was asking about (sometimes that helps to answer). I had given the example of my mom dying when I was very young. It has made me seek God in direction on how to be a mom. It sucks and you can check out my journey of giving the glory to God by selecting this link and you can read all about it.

This weekend was surely a busy one, actually busy for a couple weeks getting ready, typically on all trips, by the time we've started the trip, I am already tired.

I was doing something, and Amber and Sarah were sitting together listening to the Alive band practice, so I went and sat with them and Miss Emily joined us. (I was told there is a picture of it, but no picture can even come close to the view I had but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see it). I started to become overwhelmed with the grace and greatness of God, and started to cry. Who am I to get to love these girls? I am certainly a wretch, I continue to screw up all the time, however, because of God's goodness, I am blessed by their lives. I am a mother figure in their lives, I kiss the tops of their heads, I hug them (the students), I tell them to get their butts in line when need be, and I love them, even when I screw up. To some of them, I am their mom. And once I started crying about the greatness of him

So I was thinking about why God let's bad things happen and the example I gave her, of me and my mom, and I thought tonight about that moment. God has made me who I am, the loving parts of me, that's all the goodness of God, He has shown me such a love, and love that I am blessed to pass on to others.

Because I didn't have a mom on this earth growing up, I try to be who I needed when I was young, I think about what I needed, kisses, and hugs, direction, and encouragement.

God, please use me, please continue to help me grow into who you want me to be, who You say I am. Let me see Your greatness everywhere I go, and Lord, let me see You in me. Lord, I love You, I am so thankful for who You are, and for who you make me. I love you so much, and You love me more! That is truly amazing.

Jer 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Comments