Taking care of me

One of my resolutions was to take care of me. I was reading the ending of 'God's Leading Lady' by TD Jakes. Wow! God spoke so loudly to me, reading about Tabitha and how she didn't take care of herself even though she served like crazy and she died. And God raised her from the dead. I feel like that so much, I serve like crazy and am emptied out exhausted. I've got to remember to take care of me, to let God fill me up before I am completely empty.

On the last page(this is a paraphrase, you need to buy the book or get it from the library if you want to read the real deal) of God's leading lady it says that we are in a race, that our legacy of greatness awaits us. That what we are going after (the crown that the Creator has for us) is better than any award that we could ever think of. That we need to fix our eyes on the prize, that we need to go after it with everything!

Its the beginning of a new year, endless possibilities! I have something in particular that I am praying about, something that I believe that God is calling me to, I just need to put legs to my prayers and let God guide me.

“Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”- Psalm 90:12

Comments