El Paso & For this I was Born

El Paso is beautiful.  Its very brown in contrast with a very blue sky.  I got in trouble because I tried to take a picture during the no electronics time on the plan... WHATEVER :)  we were close to the ground anyway...

On my way to Dallas I read For this I was Born by Brian Houston I had purchased for Phyllis last Easter, poor kid gets all kinds of Jesus books that I decide she might want to read...lol...   so she read it, and I think she said it was ok.  because I am nerd and I like Hillsong and Hillsong United, I decided to read it.  I read all but 5 pages by the time I arrived in Dallas.

This book I would say is a definite get you back on the right path or if you're not really lost but a little less found, it was really good.  I really enjoyed the principles of the book, the reference to scripture, instead of the standard "Jer 29:11" verse, which is a good verse, but really, there are more than just that one about God's hope and plans for us. 

I am a huge fan of living out God's plan for us, and I love it when people get excited about what God has in store for them, but it drives me nuts when people stand around and wait...  Get moving people!  Nothing wrong with praying but we need to put legs to our prayers!  If you want milk, you don't stand in the middle of the pasture waiting for a cow to come by do you?  YOU GO FIND THE COW!  Seriously... ok, sorry.  But really the book just talks about vision and cause.  Being saved and called (and the difference).  I really really enjoyed it, so much so that I think that everyone who loves God should read it (request it from your library) especially if you're wondering what your calling is or how you can serve God. 

The book really spoke to my heart near the beginning it talked about how we can't let the things in our past hold us back from the vision, the cause of what God has planned for us (for His Glory) and I thought about my struggles and how I am going to back to the past and past hurt.  The Holy Spirit was really moving in me, move on, work through them, but move on, God will bring such greatness from such pain.

I really loved the book, I have someone in mind who I want to read it. 

Proverbs 29:18 (amp) 18Where there is no vision [no redemptive revelation of God], the people perish; but he who keeps the law [of God, which includes that of man]--blessed (happy, fortunate, and enviable) is he

Comments