I love my girls & holding back & confessions & a new book!

I was driving home last night from life groups (its still hard to call them life groups instead of core groups but I'm gettign there) and I was just so blessed by them.  I love my girls so much, they are so awesome and open.  I really think some of them are holding back a little (its hard to be brave), but their hearts are so beautiful, and their faces are like sweet angels, I love them so much!  I can't believe how blessed I am.  And its blowing my mind how much God is using the things I've struggled with to help them...  it took me a long time to do life groups, but I think He was really working in me to be brave and it was His perfect timing.

Speaking of holding back... I have this hurdle I'm trying to get over.  Have you ever tried to do the hurdles in track?  Me, no, but I get the concept.  If you do them and you trip, and especially if you 'bite it' its hard to try again because the fear of biting it again is overwhelming.  I kind of feel that way.  I feel like I'm running right up to it, and then I chicken out because I've 'bit it' before and it hurts, but I am trying to remember that when I do get over it, its going to be glorious.

Now for confessions...  I am very frugal, but lately, I've been eating out more than I should, not making dinner, and I need to get back on track.  I was reading Netta's blog, who often inspires me, she had mentioned this book in her blog, and so I was about to place an amazon order, it was $12.21, such a deal!  I think I am inspired!  I just started reading it, and it's really good, some things I already know, but it's like 'duh! why are you wasting money on that?' so I think I've found my inspiration to get back on track!!  I also got one as a gift for someone who would never expect it!!  I can't wait to give it them, I also think I am going to pick up 3 or 4 more copies for some people that are starting out and a few that I know will enjoy it too!!   
One thing in the book was to make a price book with all the prices of the things you buy at different stores so you can do a real comparison to make sure you're getting the best deal, I have a lot of that stored in my head, but I think I might start one on paper too!   

I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”- Psalm 18:1-2
Listening on my Mp3 player today...  Israel Houghton The Power One CD

Comments