running


I love traveling, I am traveling for work, for pleasure.

But no matter where you lay your head, there truly is no place like home.

I happen to live in the Detroit area.  If I had my choice, I would live in the city of Detroit.  I really do love the city of Detroit, in the history of its greatness, in the future and potential it holds, and the heartbeat of a city.  The city smiles, and the sunshines on it like no other, we have silver linings in all our dark clouds.

I was talking with some friends about our upcoming (Spring Break 2011 - Cali trip will be postponed) trip to New York.  I said I am a city girl.  They were talking about a marathon, its not that i don't want to do a marathon, its that I just don't have the time to prepare (please don't be my time police and tell me I need to make time).  But they were talking about a relay.  I mentioned it to Phyllis and she was totally up for it, we could run together.  We will see.

Its convicted me to start running, first on the treadmill and then outside. 

I'm excited!  Besides, I hit a huge bump in the road with my diet because I am traveling and eating way too much of things that just aren't good for me...

1 Cor 9:25-27 25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Comments