He's got my whole world in His hand

I guess it’s a good thing when God works on your heart and what is truly living inside you.

I had quite a morning this morning, not going to go into the details, but as far as jerks go, I could have won an award… And you know what the cool things is? My daughter was like – really mom? You’re being a jerk. She didn’t say that exactly but I knew exactly what she meant. And I must have said sorry to her 5 times! Because I really was! For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks (Luke 6:45)

I am excited about my new van. But you know what crazy, even though I know this is totally a God thing, I’m scared because I’m thinking “it is used, something could go wrong”. And so I started to wonder… the overflow of the heart. People have asked me “are you afraid of being happy?” The answer “maybe”. Its like that question “what do you do when you have everything you want?”

I’m always waiting for the next shoe to drop, for the last straw that breaks my back, you name it. Maybe its because I’ve always had some kind of fear in my life. I feared my father would die, I feared something would happen to Phyllis because my sister died, I feared that something would happen to Phyllis and she’d be alone.

Maybe I have a fear issue or maybe I have a trust issue. I say that I believe that God provides, He protects, and yet, I still fear. UGH!

Josh 1:6-9 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

He says be strong and courageous. I want to believe Him. And some days I totally do, and sometimes I’m like really? Ugh. It makes me crazy. The things that are messed up in my life are because of me, or someone else. And here I am fearing. One of my favorite things I ever spoke on was ‘do not fear’, I think because the Lord spoke to me and then I felt like I breathed it right out.

Matthew 6:25-34 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I need to live in the moments that God gives us, to focus on the blessings that God gives to us, and not to worry about the things around me or what can or cannot happen. To remember that there is not a thing in my world that God doesn’t have His Mighty hand over.

Comments