why?

I have regrets about redoing my kitchen.  Dumb, huh? 

I guess when I moved in this house, it wasn't perfect, but it was home.  It's not fancy, but its home.  There are mismatched picture frames and a giant pink piece of paper that says I love you, and scripture verses on 3X5 cards taped to the cupboards, my friend Amanda has made (or her beautiful daughters) things that I have put up, a card that my sister Sue wrote, a card that my friend Marliyn gave me that's taped to the door jam. 

I feel like my house is transforming, but I like the way my house looks, and I'll like the way it will look when its done.  But its making me sad to think that some of those things are coming down, and won't go back up.

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
Why not take your special art and make a collage for your kitchen wall. Poster frames are inexpensive (Target store) and Phyllis and her friends could make a day out of the project. Can't wait to see the redo.
Constance said…
Change is always scary, uncertain and painful. Life is full of seasons and it can be a good thing!
Connie
KayMac said…
Will you show us before and after pics? We would like to journey along with you.