Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Saturday, April 03, 2010

how do you know?

I have a friend who thinks that religion is just a way for the government to keep the people down. I know a student who claimed to love Jesus but then changed to an athiest. I know people who say that they know the God I know, but choose to not follow Him. I know people that are wondering around looking for something to fill them up, but they never find 'it'. I know people who say "how do you know?"

I'm not judging any one of those people. But let me tell you, I can't put into words how I know there is a God, I just do. I can tell you that there is nothing in His Word that doesn't hold true. I know that history marks Him though it seems we don't teach Him anymore. We even mark our days with His birth (BC - before Christ, AD Anno Domini, the year of the Lord).

Why was my life saved from an eternity in Hell? Grace
Why do I get to love? Grace

How do I know there is a God? Grace

His Grace covers me when I sin. His grace gives me peace when I'm in a room full of people and anxious. His grace allows me to love and not be bitter. His grace allows me to be forgiven. His grace is how I know.

2 Cor 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

2 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Happy Resurrection Day, Margie!

jessicachubb said...

I have been blown away by how well life works when we follow the wisdom of God's word. As I get older the Bible is becoming so much more a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I know because God is truth and his truth works in my life. Great post.