The Wonder

Some of you have been Christians your whole life.  Maybe you've never known a time when you didn't know Christ, maybe you 'found' Christ, or recognized Him in your life at one point or another.

I remember the first time I ever saw someone open their bible, a Wednesday night at Bethel Baptist, I wasn't a Christian yet.  I didn't even own my own bible.  The person I sat next to, just whipped open their bible to whatever the passage was, and I was in wonder. 

I remember a time when I was in awe whenever someone would rattle off a verse like it was the ABCs.  I remember thinking 'I want to be like that'. 

There are some scriptures that I can rattle off like my ABCs now. I don't even think 'WOW!  I can't believe I can do that" but I should.  I do a lot of odd things to help me remember scripture, I tape it to my cabinets in my kitchen so I can read it while I make 'whatever' I have some taped to my bathroom mirror, some taped to my computer, on my white board.  I read it, I listen to it, I write it.  God sometimes works a scripture into me so that it becomes like the only language I can speak is His.

When something is important to you, you learn it, you fine tune your craft.  Take for example Mrs. Mac or Sara, its important to  them that wholesome food goes into their family.  They believe that homemade is best made.  They work at it, new recipes, experimenting.  All working to perfect their craft.

There are a lot of things I know.  I know that I mess things up a lot.  I also know that truth is absolute.  I also know that only one thing is absolute truth, God and His Word.  I know that while I might have a hard time dealing with something that's in the bible because it means I have to surrender myself a little more, that it is indeed the truth, and the truth will bring you freedom.

Last night it was kind of brought to my attention that I do have God's Word tucked deeply into my heart.    May I never lose Its wonder.  The scripture below, God has been working in my heart for over a month.  He wants me to not only know it, but to live it.

Luke 6:45 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks

Comments

Pat said…
That's a great verse isn't it Margie? It often comes to mind AFTER I've opened my mouth, it has truly revealed what was in my heart. I now try to keep in my heart so that I apply BEFORE I open my mouth!