Wondering...

I stress out about everything, seriously, born-stresser!

So I've been stressing out about this...

If you know someone is lying (big and little lies) or fake...  is it a sin NOT to call them out?  I mean are you lying (and sinning) if you go along with their mess?

Its driving me crazy...  now normally, I would just call them out... but I'm struggling with this one...

And are they lying and fake because truly they are struggling, and does that mean I'm WORSE because I don't reach out... UGH!!

I wish they would just come clean, and then we could talk about it... ALL!  Lies and struggles...  until then... praying...

oh boy...  Got Questions

Exodus 20:16 16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

Comments

Constance said…
Talk about a slippery slope! I have a sister-in-law (the reason for making my blog invitation only) who, after many years of complaining, whining, griping etc I finally had had enough! The last straw came at our daughter's wedding when they changed the seating arrangements at the tables at the reception.

Since that incident long ago, I have zero tolerance for her self-indulgent behavior. Her latest thing is telling everyone insincere comments. She says the "right" things in order to make herself appear better but in reality, she's "a big, fat liar!"

Last year I came to the decision to "call her" on it every time she said something insincere regarding me or my family. I can't address other people and situations but ones where we are involved, I do. I now have a lot more peace in my life as a result.

This is not a standard formula, this is someone whom I have had an antagonistic relationship with for *25 years. I'd say only the Holy Spirit can guide you. When in doubt, remain silent. He will let you know when and if something needs to be said. The hardest part of remaining silent is feeling like you're giving your approval on bad behavior.
Connie
Trish said…
Some people are just habitual liars...they embellish everything!
Gets to where you wonder every time they make a comment. Generally, I don't call them out, unless, they say something insulting about someone I love that it is not true.
Of course, I do not enjoy confrontation but the older I get it gets a bit easier!