Africa - A love so great!

I've always said that I never wanted to go on an overseas mission trip, that if God called me to that, I'd hang up the phone. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I may let the phone ring for a long time, but eventually I'll pick up when God calls...

I've never really said the words my heart has held until last night.

People ask me all the time, "are you going to Colombia?" No, not in the physical sense. And I have no desire. I believe that I am in Colombia in prayer, silly but I feel like prayer opens the door before they get there. Its important to have open doors you know, especially if you've ever walked into one. OUCH! Another reason I don't want to go is because I feel like if I went, I'd get wrapped up in taking care of everyone (bandaids, water, etc) that I wouldn't do whatever God would have me do, I wouldn't feel the full impact of His love. I feel guilty that if I went I wouldn't want to take care of everyone but I wouldn't. Sorry about that.

I have the desire to go to Africa. And I would go by myself or with Phyllis, maybe one other person but pretty much on my own. I hope that someday I'll go, but I often wonder, would I fall in love so deeply that I would never want to come back. Maybe.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to go. I pray that God would make a way. That He, in His awesomeness, would make a way. The time, the money, all of it. Oh to kiss the faces of those beautiful children, to love the mothers/widows who sacrifice for their children, to give them a break by holding their babies so they could rest. Oh the Glory in it all.

I dream of blue skies and dirt paths. I dream of a love so great my heart will not be able to contain it.

Isaiah 1:17 (nlt) Learn to do good.Seek justice.Help the oppressed.Defend the cause of orphans.Fight for the rights of widows.

Comments

Trish said…
When I was a young girl my dream was to go to Africa as a Missionary. I pray for your hearts desire Margie.
They would surely feel loved by you!