I think that people can’t help it. I think they can’t help but use people up until the next best thing comes along. I don’t think they mean to hurt people. I don’t think they mean to belittle people or treat them like crap. I don’t think they mean to, however that doesn’t mean that they don’t.

One thing I hate the most in this world is when you do something for someone and they say you are awesome for what you do for them. Because if you don’t do something for them, does that mean that you are not awesome? Its been my experience that people only love you if they can get something from you. You have no value to them if you can provide nothing for them.

I was in a meeting once, sat there as 5 people walked in, all talking to each other, they sat down, and 15 minutes later they were like “Margie – did you just walk in?” I had been sitting there the whole time, thanks for noticing.

One of my favorite quotes is:

The best index to a person's character is
(a) how he treats people who can't do him any good, and
(b) how he treats people who can't fight back.
~Abigail van Buren
US advice columnist (1918 - )

The problem is that serving isn’t just what I do, its part of who I am. So if I don’t serve someone, I think they don’t even notice me. The problem is that its PART of me, not all of me.

I wish someone would notice.

Comments

Trish said…
Every picture tells a story...pray you are happy and well today!