Cream of Anything Soup

Ok, so really? Could I love the Family Feasts for $75 a week book anymore? i don't think so! it's my favorite gift to give, you'd think that seriously I get a kick back, but NO i don't, but I love love love it!

Today I made the mix for Cream of Anything Soup. I like a lot of things about this.
#1 its $.40-$.50 a 'cans worth' cheaper than the 'regular store'
#2 I know what's in it. The more I make my own 'stuff' the more I taste chemicals in the stuff I buy. YUCK! Really? That can't be good for you!!

3 c powdered milk (I got a big box at Aldi's for $4.99)
1 c cornstarch (1 16oz box is around a buck)
1 c powdered chicken boullion (just picked it up at Kroger, used 1.5 containers, $1.89 each)
2 T onion powder
1 t dried thyme
1/2 t dried basil
1/2 t black pepper

Combine all ingredients in large bowl, mix well. Store tightly covered at room temp for a year.

To make soup, in a pan mix 1/2 c mix with 1 1/4 c water, 1T butter, blend well and bring to a boil cooking 2-3 minutes. Thickens as it cools

Cream of Chicken: as directed
Cream of Celery: add 1/2 c minced celery. YOu can puree soup when it cools if you wish
Cream of Mushroom: 1/2 c minced mushrooms

Comments