Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cream of Anything Soup

Ok, so really? Could I love the Family Feasts for $75 a week book anymore? i don't think so! it's my favorite gift to give, you'd think that seriously I get a kick back, but NO i don't, but I love love love it!

Today I made the mix for Cream of Anything Soup. I like a lot of things about this.
#1 its $.40-$.50 a 'cans worth' cheaper than the 'regular store'
#2 I know what's in it. The more I make my own 'stuff' the more I taste chemicals in the stuff I buy. YUCK! Really? That can't be good for you!!

3 c powdered milk (I got a big box at Aldi's for $4.99)
1 c cornstarch (1 16oz box is around a buck)
1 c powdered chicken boullion (just picked it up at Kroger, used 1.5 containers, $1.89 each)
2 T onion powder
1 t dried thyme
1/2 t dried basil
1/2 t black pepper

Combine all ingredients in large bowl, mix well. Store tightly covered at room temp for a year.

To make soup, in a pan mix 1/2 c mix with 1 1/4 c water, 1T butter, blend well and bring to a boil cooking 2-3 minutes. Thickens as it cools

Cream of Chicken: as directed
Cream of Celery: add 1/2 c minced celery. YOu can puree soup when it cools if you wish
Cream of Mushroom: 1/2 c minced mushrooms

No comments: