I AM... a greeter

So I bet you’re thinking – she’s lost her mind… well, I probably have. I am writing about all the things that I am because that is how God wired me. So bear with me, or click the X in the upper right corner.


Sometimes I think people might think its incredibly silly that I take the volunteer of ‘First Five’ super serious! I mean like when its my week to serve, I am praying to remember the names of people I met the weeks or months before, that I greet each person with a smile. That the moment they walk into Metro, they know, “You matter, you matter to God, you matter to me – even though I might not even know you” I want them to know that this place – it is home. It’s your church home, that you will soon be surrounded by friends who will turn into family. That you, your children, your friends, spouses, girl/boyfriends, matter. That Metro is not a building but a bunch of people who encounter God everyday whether you realize He is speaking to you or not. He’s there (in all aspects of your life, not just at Metro), He’s carrying you when you can’t walk, He’s crying when you’re crying, and He’s celebrating when you’re celebrating. That He loves you!

And maybe some might not think that a simple smile and a program can tell you all that, but I believe it can.

We love because He loved us first 1 John 4:19

Comments

Trish said…
For sure and for certain I KNOW that you are the perfect greeter! They not only see that beautiful smile but they see love when you welcome them!
Momma said…
Having someone with a welcome smile and a genuine heart is exactly what every church needs!