Fear

A lot of people keep telling me that I am inspiring.  Inspiring?  I don't know about all that.

Afraid.  That's what I am.

That whole doing it afraid.  That sucks.  And its only out of obedience that I do it.

I know that God has something amazing for me.  If only I'd stop being so afraid and I'd trust Him.

You know what I'm afraid of?

I'm afraid of turning my ankle
I'm afraid of not losing weight and they will kick me out even though I know I am doing everything right
I'm afraid of not accomplishing my goal

See why I'm so crazy?



And so as I was worshipping today I was just like "God, I don't want to be afraid, no more fear.  But don't You remember that even though I was on that journey for the 3 day I twisted my ankle? That was a journey with You too".  He said to me "that journey was not about the walk". 

I believe the Word of God in Proverbs when it says A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way? (Proverbs 20:24) or In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps (proverbs 16:9)


But sometimes fear is a debilitating thing.  It can stop us.

I asked God tonight to deliver me from this fear.  And I trust Him, I know He can.

So I went to Woodhaven Hill (West and Hall Road) and I RAN up the hill and DOWN the hill.  I did not twist my ankle.  I ran around the hill (half of it back to my car) and yes I ran. But mostly, I trusted. I trusted that God has brought me here and He will take me to the end of this journey.

So all those other things I'm afraid of, I'll trust God right through them.  He will deliver me.

Eph 2:10 (NLT) For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago

Comments