Love always wins

I believe the Word of God is Alive!!
I believe in and serve a living God!!!

Yesterday I found out about a situation that I was not happy about. It affects me indirectly. It was easy to see the hurt, it was easy to see the hate, and how easy it would be to retaliate in hate. But here’s the thing. Hate NEVER wins. Ever. It causes pain, it causes destruction, and it takes a long time to fix all that. There is often remenents of the hate for many days to come.

Instantly transported to 1 Cor 13:4-10
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.
A lot of people use this scripture for weddings, but all those things, they are true about love in any situation, especially ones started in hate. I believe that it might be easier at the moment to sling hate. I believe that hate hurts, if we live in hate, we are inpatient, mean, jealous, we boat, we act proud, rude, selfish, angry, hate lies.. Our lists of things gone wrong out measures our blessings, because of all those things, we are broken, we don’t trust (because we wait for more truth to come), we are pessimistic, and we break down all the time, and give up. Hate may sling mud but it never wins, and its always messy.

But for a minute, its easy, but in the long run it sucks, we end up crawling to the cross broken like shattered glass. That needs to be melted and molded back to life.

If we love we do all the things the bible says it much easier, and in the simplest of things… how can we be to blame if we do what’s right? If we love. At the end of the day we can sleep easy knowing that we did what was right.

This is not a lesson that has always come easy to me. But through my own situations, and others, the best lesson I’ve ever learned is…

That love always wins.

Thank You Jesus for a crazy grace filled love that I’ll never fully understand and I fail a lot but I will strive more and more everyday to be more like You.

Comments