Mission Trip Update

I'm pretty excited about the Detroit Mission Trip, while its not to a desintation far far away, it is to a destination that needs Love. I love Detroit, no need to tell you that.

I always try to publish a list of the things we need. This year we have this AWESOME 'on line community' at Metro where you can put your needs, etc on it. So I put what we need, and for the few people who have signed up for the online community, they are checking stuff off. Maybe to you its silly, but one night in bible study, I remember EJ saying 'let the church be the church'.

Sometimes i forget that I don't need to do EVERYTHING that I can ask for help. That's hard for me, because if you ask for help that means you need someone else. So many times in my life I've been hurt when I trusted or let down by someone. but I have to remember that people aren't perfect and its a blessing to be used by God and to serve others. Everyone knows that we can't be 'the church' just one of us all alone, we wouldn't accomplish much, however, together, we can accomplish so much for His Glory.

Acts 4:32-35 32All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. 33With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. 34There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need.

Comments